Event Time and Date
Student Involvement & Leadership is sponsoring an International Leadership Experience trip to the Johannesburg and Bushbuckridge regions in South Africa where we will focus on Social Responsibility, Service, and Global Leadership.
This trip will be from February 25, 2017-March 6, 2017. The trip is limited to 7 students and 2 instructors.
detailed outline of our International Leadership Experience is available on the application. To access the application click on the link located on the main page of the Involvement Network
Below is a list of excursions that will happen during the trip:
Constitution Hill tour
Moholoholo Wildlife Rehab Centre
Kruger National Park
Students and Instructors will be participating in home-stay throughout the trip. A home-stay is when you stay with a local family from the area. This type of lodging is typical when going abroad and provides you more time to learn about the culture and people of the area.
Cost & Payment Schedule
Students will be responsible for paying for their personal flight (estimated between $800.00-$1100.00). All other travel, lodging, meals, and excursions will be provided.
Selected students will need to pay an initial deposit of $300.00 by January 10, 2017.
Final payment for trip will be due Friday February 3, 2017.
Failure to meet payment deadlines will result in being ineligible to attend the trip and your spot will be given to another student.
- Applications due December 13, 2016
- Interviews (in person or skype) will happen December 14th-December 16th
- Selection of Attendees will be made December 19th
- Attendees must hand in agreement form and deposit ($300.00) by January 10th. If agreement and deposit are not handed in, you will be released from your spot on the trip and it will be given to another student.
- Additional meetings will happen leading up to the trip
Questions? Email Jessica Grady @ Jessica.Grady@jwu.edu